FERNOTRAC Traction Splints
FernoTrac Traction Splints provide mechanical traction to relieve pain and reduce the possibility of further vascular and nerve damage on patients with suspected long bone fractures of the lower extremities. Length adjustments can be made by loosening the knurled sleeves on each side of the tubular aluminum frame.
- Wide elastic support straps maintain the injured leg within the frame of the splint, helping to provide in-line mechanical traction. Simple, step-by-step instructions are sewn directly on the straps. Available in adult and pediatric sizes, or as a kit. Includes carrying case.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Simple mechanical traction device enables one EMT to apply the necessary traction. Positive engaging rachet mechanism maintains traction during transport.
- Nickel-plated folding heel stand folds flat underneath splint for storage and instantly locks into place in the upright position for support of the injured leg.
- Low-profile ischial pad provides comfort while maintaining support of the injured area. Ischial strap is easily applied and secured with hook-and-loop closure.
- Fernotrac™ Combination Kits include both the Adult and Pediatric Traction Splints in one case with separate labeled compartments.
Be the first to ask a question.