SAM IO Access System
The SAM IO is a manually operated intraosseous access system with an innovative design that incorporates the patented multi-use manually operated driver and does not rely on battery power for operation. The ergonomic driver design supports quick and intuitive application, while offering a tactile feel for needle placement.
- Trigger actuation creates rotational spin allowing for needle placement
- Color-coded needles available in multiple sizes
- Driver is tested and cleared for over 10,000 actuations
- Optional adapter available to allow driver use with alternative IO needles
SAM IO is a manually operated intraosseous access system. Catheter placement is achieved by continuously actuating (repeatedly compressing) the driver’s trigger assembly while gently guiding needle assembly into position. Repeated, full trigger actuation creates rotational spin of the needle assembly which, when combined with gentle downward pressure, results in controlled IO placement. Once needle assembly is properly positioned, the stylet is removed to expose standard Luer-lock for extension set connection.
- SAM IO DRIVER - A multi-use manually operated intraosseous access driver
- SAM IO NEEDLES - A stylet and catheter assembly secured by a press-fit connection. 15 mm, 25 mm, and 45 mm lengths are intended to address a broad range of patient demographics and multiple application sites
- SAM STABILIZER - Cylinder design intended to protect the catheter from dislodgement
- SAM IO NEEDLE ADAPTOR - Attaches to the SAM IO Driver to accommodate alternative IO needles
DRIVER SIZE & WEIGHT
- Length: 5.5” x Width: 1” x Height: 4.25
- Weight: 2.5 oz