ViaValve IV Catheter with Blood Control
ViaValve™ Safety IV Catheter provides blood control to help reduce the risk of blood exposure and contamination. A unique valve inside the catheter hub impedes blood flow from the patient’s vein upon initial venipuncture. Maintaining a clean access site, helps prevent the transfer of bloodborne pathogens from patient to caregiver on soiled gloves, clothing, bedding and dressings.
- Ocrilon® polyurethane catheter softens and becomes more pliable, allowing longer in-dwell
- Introducer promotes one-handed insertion and threading
- Catheter’s ribbed hub facilitates catheter securement
For IV catheter sizes, please see below.
The catheter, once in the patient’s vein, is activated by attaching the Luer fitting of an infusion line which opens the valve to allow unrestricted flow. ViaValve™ Safety IV Catheter also helps prevent unintended needlesticks. Its safety guard surrounds the retracted introducer needle and produces a “click” to indicate that the needle is contained for handling and disposal.
- FLASH-VUE™ early flash indicator reveals when the needle tip enters a vein, featured on gauges 20 to 24
- V-point needle helps maximize patient comfort with low penetration force
ViaValve IV Catheter Demo VideoWatch how the FLASH-VUE feature works on the VivaValve IV Catheter - providing blood control to help reduce the risk of blood exposure and contamination.
Be the first to ask a question.