C-A-T Combat Application Tourniquet
The Generation 7 C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests concluded that the C-A-T® completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
Generation 7 enhancements:
- Single routing buckle
- Windlass securing strap/time stamp
- Stabilization bar
The C-A-T® uses a durable windlass system with a free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding ceases and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T®’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips, which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
- Official tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Single routing buckle decreases application time to reduce blood loss, allows rescuer to easily remove slack from tourniquet on initial application to decrease number of turns on the windlass to control bleeding, reduces training confusion, as there is only one set of instructions for application (same for one-handed/two-handed application)
- Windlass rod with increased diameter to add more strength and external ribbing for improved grip
- Windlass clip with added Bilateral buttress to increase strength and reduce clip flexing under extreme pressures
- Windlass Securing Strap/Time Stamp with sonic weld to clip for better securing. On the black color C-A-T®, the strap is now gray in color to provide a subdued look. The orange and blue trainer strap will remain white.
- Reinforced stabilization rod for additional strength, beveled edges to reduce patient discomfort on application, logo and manufacture information now molded instead of printed
- Packaged: 6.5" L x 2.4" W x 1.5" D
- Open Length: 37.5"
- Weight: 2.9 oz
C-A-T Combat Tourniquet Instructional VideoLearn how to apply the C-A-T Combat Application Tourniquet to injured limbs- featuring a single routing buckle, stabilization bar and windlass securing strap.
One-Handed Application C-A-T Tourniquet VideoWatch how a windlass system with free-moving internal band makes one-handed application of the C-A-T Generation 7 Combat Application Tourniquet easy.
Be the first to ask a question.