QuikClot EMS Family of Products
QuikClot® EMS is a sterile, nonwoven, hydrophilic gauze impregnated with kaolin, an inorganic mineral that accelerates the body’s natural clotting ability and produces no exothermic reaction. The packages are placed in an easy-tear pouch.
- When applied with manual pressure, promotes clotting within minutes
- Non-allergenic, low-to-no risk of adverse reactions
- Intuitive, simple-to-use dressing format
- Conforms readily to wound
- Will not break down or fall apart under pressure
- Safer and less expensive than protein-based products
- Stops bleeding rapidly and may reduce need of more expensive treatments
QuikClot Combat Gauze® has been the #1 choice of hemostatic agents for the U.S. Armed Forces since 2008. It continues to be the only hemostatic agent recommended by the U.S. Military’s CoTCCC. Kaolin, the active clotting agent, has been used safely in cosmetic products for many years.
Independent safety data published in the Journal of Trauma (Feb. 2010)