The SOF® Tourniquet is a top performing tourniquet, selected for its outstanding ability to control severe bleeding, high level of reliability and ease of application.
- Easy application as it is applied to an arm or leg in the same way
- 50% wider than the original model (1.5 inch wide), 25% lighter, and can be used on the largest of limbs
- Stronger and easier to use so you can stop the bleed anywhere life takes you.
- Dual locking rings offer a backup locking system
- Proven to be 100% effective during US Army Institute of Surgical Research testing
Simple Application: The SOF Tourniquet is applied the same to an arm or leg. Unlike other tourniquets that require you to learn two methods of application and implement the proper method when under stress, the SOF Tourniquet is applied the same way to an arm or leg.
Durability: The SOF Tourniquet is constructed of quality, high strength materials. The tourniquet handle is machined from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in extreme temperatures. The tri-rings are molded Acetyl, a high impact plastic that will also maintain its strength in extreme operating conditions.
Reliable: The SOF Tourniquet is designed to reduce the chance of accidental release or mechanical failure. Unlike other materials including Velcro®, the fastening system will perform when soiled, muddy, frozen, or wet.
Safety Set Screw: Prevents accidental release of pressure during tactical patient movement. The screw is not required to gain hemorrhage control, but it is recommended if the patient will be moved in a tactical environment.