ChloraPrep Antiseptic Skin Prep
- Superior broad-spectrum antimicrobial compared to traditional iodophors
- Rapid acting, as the 70% isopropyl alcohol quickly kills microorganisms versus free iodine, which requires two minutes to begin antimicrobial activity
- Persistent, 48 hours antimicrobial activity compared to 2 hours for free iodine
- Broad spectrum, as ChloraPrep antimicrobial activity is effective against microorganisms including gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Vancomycin-resistant Enterococci (VRE), Clostridium difficile, Acineobacter, and most viruses and fungi
- Active in protein-rich biomaterials, as it remains active in the presence of blood, serum and other protein-rich biomaterials, unlike traditional iodophors, which are neutralized
- CHG demonstrates low incidence of irritation
Be the first to ask a question.